Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I feel like peeling labels or kicking walls. Well, maybe not actually: I think my foot would hurt.

For some people it's socks in the laundry. I lose things when I clean. This is something that my mother never really understood when I was younger - it may be messy, but it's an organized mess. I know where things lie in the chaos, but once things are "cleaned" suddenly my spatial memory is entirely thrown off and I end up flipping through folders and rifling through drawers for hours. I looked for my AAA membership card for at least an hour today, examining the contents of 2 desks, 2 tables, a large envelope-filled box, my bookshelf, my floor, even the freezer (you never know) and never saw it. I remember it not long ago, looking at it near the desks thinking about going to the website, but my memory fades immediately after. The problem was I picked it up from where it has sat for days and apparently didn't return it precisely. Always pay attention, as I have known for years - it works consistently and fulfillingly but is so difficult to master continuously. I forget and then I end up here, again, stilted in the afternoon and frustrated tomorrow morning. At least I found the car keys.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a big believer in the chaotic mess. Sure... you lost a membership card, but think of all the time you saved never putting things neatly away or alphabetically and categorically sorting junk. Time well saved, I say.

9:35 AM CDT  
Blogger TonyT said...

I am a fan of the organized mess as well. To each their own, I say. Of course I do have to clean when the organized mess just becomes too bad to handle. :)

2:41 PM CDT  
Blogger trophywife said...

Yeah it goes thusly quite often. Found it two days later with my pencils. My unconscious motor skills are amazing and incomprehensible.

10:18 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home