Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Finally!

I was out the other night, itching to be in, and as usual protesting to the masses that I couldn't stay longer, that I ought to go home, despite the pressure to let inertia flow and stay with the party. And then a funny thing happened - with a resigned smile the party says "well, you're married now" and suddenly I was free to go, obligation and guilt free. When did this happen? Granted I've heard this response more than once in the last ten months but I wonder how the simple fact that Ethan and I signed a paper and wore nice clothes in front of people suddenly justifies social isolation especially considering the fact that I've been using the same justification for years to no avail. I guess finally something about married life is different than before.

1 Comments:

Blogger jsa said...

Finally... you post again!

9:44 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home