Friday, March 03, 2006

After an extra three hours at the airport...

There is a moustrap in the corner and I don't have enough socks but I would rather be here, and now, than anywhere else. The little things - knowing where the bathroom is in the library, where to find a copy of the student paper, where to get cheap samosas for lunch, proper computer lab etiquette, which floors P and PA are on, where the nearest post office box is to the ATM. Little things, essentially inconsequential, but taken as a whole things that tell me where I belong, or at least help throw into relief where I do not. Today was a day for intentional and accidental meetings with people I have known, including someone who called because he thought he was hallucinating and apparently almost ran me over today. An incident of which I have no memory, to which Ethan responds "maybe that's why it happened". At least it's a happy oblivion I find myself in. I discovered that the one feature on campus I have missed the most is the main stairwell at the Reg. So open and inviting with the angular curving up each level and the indirect lighting on the textured walls. I was actually excited to be there doing work, which is a novel experience compared to my motivation in the last several months.
The peanut butter has been untouched on the trap for three days and there's always the washing machine. Click your heels three times and find out the moral of the story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home