Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Love, part 1?

I think someone needs to make clear to the world that love is as real a thing as any intangible. I hear people who don't believe in it, people who seem totally distant from the concept bemoaning (or simply denying) the absence in their lives. But I think the greatest misconception is that love has into involve constant fireworks and life-changing experiences. Mostly, in my experience, it is much more sedate, comfortable, cozy. Sublime, some might say. Certainly there are moments when I feel hyperactively emotional and feel like skipping down sidewalks without delay but the majority of my days are spent in a quiet certainty and trust. Still water can in fact run deep, to beat an old cliche to death. In this same light I firmly believe that you never stop loving anyone, although your relationship to the emotion may change over time. Affection may falter but a truer connection, especially of great trust is much harder to let go of entirely regardless of the circumstances. This ties into the idea of the impossibility of hate without love - hatred for someone once loved can really just be seen as unhappiness at the outcome, at the perceived lack of what was formerly present. These last few days have forced me to think seriously about these concepts what with my wedding homework, and I have discovered how difficult it is to put any of these thought into coherent and meaningful words. Looking above I feel as if I have failed, but this is only a start. More tomorrow, in my head if not on the page.

1 Comments:

Blogger trophywife said...

hah. i am discovered.. don't expect much though. i make myself write every day and therefore usually don't say anything worthwhile..

12:33 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home