Thursday, June 08, 2006

temporarily

I am in my parents' house - have been for a week, will be for a week more. Time flows differently here, the pace of life is off somehow, my "good" hours of the day are rather reversed. Every day moves oddly in the morning as I somehow jolt myself awake and out of the claritin-induced fog that clouds my brain and then Trader Joe's with mom (every day!) and fussing with stores and paper cutters and wines. Small, mundane concerns. My life here is plain but nice - salad for dinner, popcorn and a Rumpole with daddy in the evening, several hours out shopping or cutting or walking every day with mom so I can stand the cat when I'm home. The agapanthis is blooming and the catnip spills all over the kitchen table, ignored in favor of the basil (even our cat has become gourmet in his old age). There are so many words that I can spill on this page about the past week and yet clearly I have been conspicuously absent from writing, for which I apologize to those of you who faithfully read and to myself who faithfully writes. My room gets very overheated with the computer running and in the recent ninety-plus degree weather I have been disinclined to add any amount of energy to the room since the poor three-speed fan is not quite up to the challenge of sufficiently cooling it for pleasant sleep. My silent, private time is spent instead with a book or the newspaper or looking at the greening stone tiles in the backyard, the shadows shifting gently over it as branches catch the breeze.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home