Sunday, January 20, 2008

REM strikes again

I've been dreaming of food, perhaps reflecting my anxiety that Ethan's going to starve without a close-by supermarket to cure his every want. Last night was tasty though. After some odd preliminaries about frisbee and baseball players (also I have been dreaming about ultimate with much greater frequency than I used to - I think I'm ready to leave the off-season) we then got into audio-visual equipment difficulties and bus problems which somehow ended up with me being in a park looking for a snack and discovering my only option was afternoon tea, set up on fancy card tables amongst a field of badminton nets. I kid you not. And somehow we couldn't seem to decide what to eat - the $40 full tea option seemed like too much but the other, cheaper versions ($10.50 and $5.20) of picking a few things out of many seemed difficult. Fortunately this park allowed sampling, like a good ice cream store, so I managed to try a cheese that tasted like sweet potatoes (excellent, I must say) and a stinky-foot cheddar. I also took a hack at corn pudding, bok choi, some sort of beef thing - the sampler plate was covered with at least 15 different things all mushed together a bit. I avoided the mushroom part. We never ended up ordering - being ignored while sampling and then whoever I was with (it kept changing) ordered but I was torn with indecision until I woke up. Naturally I wake up hungry, but that's normal for me. But after dreams like that who needs to eat? I could taste it all, and it was delightful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home