Tuesday, January 08, 2008

What have you

I am as fragmented as my attention, like the ADD babies my sister is concerned about these days. Apparently developing-brained babies get confused by the input from tv and end up being very ADD. Might explain the current explosion of diagnosis in our population, aside from overdiagnosis everywhere you look. But multitasking is confusing and I always leave something out (today, lunch) and get started on what matters later or never at all. I suppose my mood is influenced by the weather, throwing different shards at us day by day. The 70s of California, the 30s of Chicago, then the 50s and 60s and the summer-style thunderstorm and now I hardly know what to expect as I stay hidden, safe, inside, huddled and waiting for Ethan to come home. I suppose that's an exaggeration really (but they work so well!) although closer to the truth than I'm comfortable with. I do have these moments where the lovely modern ideal of a strong independent woman is a bit out of reach, and others where I can hardly believe I agreed to traditional marriage (commitment is fine, but really what's the point?). Although it's all moot when I sit around watching Jeopardy and eating cookies. I peek periodically at sitemeter and marvel how more and more this site is just for me, which I suppose should really be the point in the end. I suppose the RSS stuff doesn't show up quite the same way (and in some way I feel syndicated and important) although I do wonder how much I'd keep writing without the vague guilt of other people reading. See how scattered I am today? Like feathers on air currents, full of intention but awry with a whisper of air.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home