Saturday, July 14, 2007

It's the week of updates. Next week upgrades?

It's been hot, which means that the computer is supposed to stay off. And it's been a hard week of studying for Ethan which means when the computer's on, he's using it. Which is only fair, seeing as how mine spends its summer cozily wrapped up in a nice padded case out of the light. I am sad to report that Ethan picked up The Coffee Trader himself last week and came to essentially the same conclusions as I did - all we really cared about was knowing who exactly was out to get whom. Fortunately I had some delightful finds this week - Call of the Wild (without a cover) and one of the Dorrie books - an early chapter book (I think) about a child witch that's part of a series that I read all of in third grade - it was a class project and we wrote to the author (and she wrote back, naturally, I mean what kind of woman wouldn't respond to 44 adorable letters from 8-year-olds?) and it was fun. But I don't remember them at all. So I'm excited about that one. I think I'll save it for Thursday (Ethan gets a story the night before his exams). But I have started on one I picked up a few weeks ago which is a non-fiction profile of 12 major world cities (none in America) that was written in the early 70s, as a follow up to countries of the world series from the 30s which makes for some pretty amusing comparisons (I love hearing about how modern Paris is, with only 48% of houses having their own bathtubs). It definitely appeals to my sense of humor and my fondness for nonfiction writing and my amateurish interest in the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home