Thursday, April 13, 2006

muddled and spent

I am all tapped out tonight, exhausted by class and work and demanding conversation this evening on the nature of recognition and relationship and meaning. I am tempted to simply cut and paste from my gmail chat record into this form, but somehow that seems like cheating, since suddenly this patently one-way method of communication would turn into a repeated conversation which seems against the spirit of things. We did decide, however, that I am an egoist and you are a voyeurist, and that relationship, however tacit, still forms a part of who we are, and in fact makes us take on ourselves. I suppose there really is no rational reason to write here, despite my professed intentions, in such a distanced and impersonal medium and yet I return day after day to the page seeking something - self-validation? vindication? notoriety? simple acknowledgment? Perhaps all of the above, and for those reasons I see no need to stop.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Frannkly, I put my money on the notoriety. Can't you see it? When you become famous you know you want people bringing up old, printed copies of your blog for you to autograph. I've already had the voyeurist conversation with Jay. I am OK with it now.

3:37 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home