Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Like an ethical R and G?

How private are these public writings? Do I need to tailor my comments for the audience I know is reading or for the general public who may stumble upon this and set to the text? Should I consider the privacy and feelings of those reading? Is it ethical not to, when I am aware that this realm is truly in the open for anyone to read, despite the closeness and privacy I feel every night when I write, wrapped in the darkness of my room with only a single lit lamp and the eternity of buildings out my window? Is it like those provocative Sharon Olds poems where she writes about her father and her brother, disparagingly? Does she have the right? Should she have the right? Whose place is it to decide? (How much of a cop-out is this entry, and how much should it matter to me anyway?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home