Sunday, October 01, 2006

October the first

Oddly enough I feel speechless yet again. Perhaps I can account for my reticence tonight by considering the terrible music selection of my next-door-neighbor and his friend's most obnoxious laughter, my awe at the glory that is the Chicago Bears, my satisfaction at a well-fought scrimmage this afternoon (in which I threw the game-winning score - perfectly placed backhand for at least 50 yards. So pretty. Yes I'm being narcissistic, but I think that's allowed once in a while), my constant concern for proper bicycle maintenance seeing my bolts slowly rust away on the frame, my jubilation at discovering the green sour apple slurpee at the gas station mini mart down the street. A dangerous and budding addiction. Odd also that I find it easy to write out the very things that mill about in my brain and prevent me from further thought. I feel like I fight an uphill battle every evening - me vs. blogger and unfortunately we're both losing. I'm still settling in to an unpredictable schedule (with shifting ultimate, visits to and from Chicago, tournaments every fortnight, necessary grocery and laundry hours postponed to the point of no clean socks and nothing for lunch) that often sets me up for a busy evening that rushes itself right into sleep with no thought of writing here, much less my former addiction of email checking which I am proud to say I think I'm starting to kick my habit of. On the edge of the wagon, as it were, where I will probably remain indefinitely unless they start chugging out a vaccine for that. After all, what else is next after cocaine, cigarettes, and obesity?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bears are good, aren't they?

And honestly, sour apple slurpee sounds disgusting :-)

9:54 AM CDT  
Blogger trophywife said...

Oh but you are wrong. SO delightful. Sour and sweet and icy and liquidy all at the same time. I wouldn't give up a root beer float for it, but maybe a klondike bar...

12:08 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. that good, huh?

6:04 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home