Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Resolution: no resolution

I have determined that the greatest problem grading brings to my life (aside from an unceasing flow of monotonous mediocrity) is that it inhibits any and all decision making I might attempt in the rest of my life. I'm so tired of determining if this middling paper is a C or a B or something in between (and trying not to be influenced by the crap or brilliance that came before it) that in the rest of my life the concept of choosing an option and sticking with it is shockingly brutal. Indecision caused by too much decision. I'm sure there's a real-world more compelling analogy (Iraq, anyone?) to elevate my humble crisis to something worthy of your time and this space but at the moment I'm too worn down to come up with one. I'll count my resolution to write here in the first place as a victory for my addled grey matter - almost lost this one to a D+ and a wearied need for sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home