Thursday, November 09, 2006

Brief Notes

I am behind, in all aspects of life. Here's the rundown. (More merriment next week, I promise)
1) Presentation on Monday was not a failure. Hooray! Now I must simply churn out an interesting and significant paper based on the facts I discussed.
2) Skipped Gilmore Girls, Vernonica Mars, and House (and yes, 2 of those are on at the same time) to go climbing with my Homer prof. No, I don't think I'll get a better grade as a result, although I might get an advisor out of this deal. Did some things going up, did some things going over. Not very successful in either case (lots of falling off) and I've been sore ever since but damn it's a good time. I figure it'll be a nice complement to ultimate.. and I can pretend that now I don't have to lift weights AND I ride my bike round trip (maybe 5 miles?) so I can also pretend it counts for cardio. More and more reasons to love this.
3) 67 degrees yesterday and not raining or windy. I went nuts. Threw with an unsuspecting grad student for almost an hour after my morning class.. then met up with a co-ed woman (yes, that makes sense) for another 40 minutes of delight. Everything was topped off by lunch and a nap. Life is good. Except I'm now more behind on work.
4) Today - high of 70, perfect weather. And miserably I am stuck in my office trying to grade about 85 papers on Thucydides. I should be outside working on my backhand, stretching out my forearms, trying in vain one last time for a tan (ah, the beauty of skin cancer) but I am stuck with only a large window that's sealed shut and this patiently glowing screen. If I'm lucky Angelo will call and I'll have a nice 20 minute reprieve on the quad. If only I'd done more work already this week! (see #1-3)
5) Will hopefully find my whimsy (and grammatically complete sentences) this weekend in Chicago. Plan to return to full writing glory (note to self: find something glorious to write about) Monday after an epic weekend of Bears football and a morning drive to class. Why am I writing rather like Bridget Jones? Must stop craving doughnuts...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home