Friday, November 10, 2006

A long day and I'm ready for bed

Last night was grading-pain - up until 3 (yes, this is my fault because of Fallout...) and THEN somehow one of the papers gets lost when we hand them back. This is the problem with the free-for-all return. So I have to re-grade (I have the score, but not the comments) and, even more painfully, deflate the authorial ego of this student who, in our email conversation, proclaims that he doesn't need to worry about this paper since he got 100% on the last one. I'm pretty sure I gave him a C. So there's a bit of incongruity there... I haven't the energy to deal with this today - tomorrow on the train!
In better news I wasted time this afternoon, trying to avoid taking a nap so I could go to bed early tonight, and then suckered an office-mate into watching the Illini dominate at hockey tonight. Very fun. Only $5 and popcorn for a dollar and the most cheerfully negative fans I've seen at any sporting event. We show our support by heckling the opposing team at every opportunity. Goalies who are scored on are ruthlessly taunted with "It's all your fault! It's all your fault! It's all your fault!" And if the opposing team manages to score they're rebuffed with "You still suck!". I've never seen an audience so united in a codified heckling scheme. Really, it was impressive. I would have joined in, but a family with two cute girls under 10 were sitting right in front of me and somehow it didn't feel right.
Anyway. My wet socks from sloshing through the rain are off and my feet are finally warmed up enough to collapse into some long-overdue shuteye. Tomorrow morning is the train, and Chicago.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rowdy fans make anything better. Also, you should have indoctrinated those ten year olds. They have to learn sometime, right? :)

I hope all is well Trophywife.

1:48 AM CST  
Blogger trophywife said...

All is well. I'm just beat right now... semesters wear me out by sheer duration. But I'm going to try to keep climbing (indoor rock gym) tuesday nights - keeps me happy along with ultimate.

10:39 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home