Thursday, November 16, 2006

Why is indoor at 10:30pm?

So life travels on non-stop and I am alternatively in the driver's seat or belted securely in the back, snoring happily. I haven't learned yet how to support my students but still prioritize myself - I don't work at home but I can't work in the office (they just show up!) because I'm terrible at spitting out the word "no". The funny thing is that because of this they apparently think I'm the "nice" TA but looking at our general paper-grade trends I think that while we're fairly equal graders I'm probably the most demanding of the three (ah... a Chicago education in action). At least it stopped raining finally: the dismal, relentless sky is still grey but not dripping at least. We are in the midst of a California winter and I am still waiting for the seventy-degree, sunny relief. But joy is in sight - a whole week (!) for thanksgiving, an office party lunch tomorrow, breakfast plans this weekend - I hate to bring it up but we'll (that's royal, by the way) probably be away from this reality for most of that time. It all depends on which way the wind keeps blowing.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, the nice/tough dichotomy. A fun divide to straddle :-)

3:58 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home